We are here to make your move easy! If you feel overwhelmed and don't know where to start, use our Moving Guide to help with the steps. And to ensure your items are packed efficiently, we have Packing Tips for ideas on the best way to pack items.
- Rent the smallest amount of space you need and pack the space full.
- Plan your storage space. Place those items that you may need to access often in the front. Allow for walk-ways.
- Make an inventory of your items and keep it in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box.
- CAUTION: Do not store anything COMBUSTIBLE (i.e., Paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.)
- Use smaller boxes* for books and heavy items. Do not pack boxes too heavy.
- List contents of boxes on all four sides; number the boxes and seal with tape*.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- Dishes and glasses should be packed in dishpack boxes*. Stack them on top.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard*, marked "fragile" and stacked on end.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for pictures, knick-knacks, china, silverware, small items, etc. Wrap them in tablecloths, towels, or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Larger appliances make excellent "packing cases" for blankets, towels, tablecloths, and cloths.
- Shovels, hoes, rakes, and hoses can be broken down to save space.
- Tables having removable legs should be broken down to save space.
- Sofas and love seats can be stored on end to save floor space with cushions stacked on top. Always place in a protective cover* to protect from dust.
- Place mattresses in a protective cover* and if you stand them on their side, prop them up so they stand straight. They may tend to bend out of shape and become lumpy.
- Place upholstered furniture in a protective cover* and do not place heavy or sharp objects on top.
- Use a good quality lock on your door.
- Food or food items should not be stored to prevent bug infestation and rodents.
- Place TV's and other electronics in the rear of your unit.
- Contact your insurance agency and add the storage unit to your policy. We also offer storage rental insurance* at the facility.
* We sell Boxes, Locks, Tape, Specialty Boxes, Furniture and Mattress Protective Bags, Markers, Gloves, Rope, Insurance and other packaging items at the manager's office.